Starting your own project
Starting up your own project in a few simple steps
- Find a topic/ research/ concept in the pharmaceutical field that interests you.
- Determine how you can elaborate on this, add something to this, improve this, investigate this etc. Inspiration can be found under the heading ‘Projects’ for finished and running projects.
- In case you need help from other students, recruit these. The HPPS committee can also help you with this.
- Check with the HPPS project manager whether a project like this has already been done and discuss your idea with the HPPS coordinator.
- Find a supervisor, an expert on the topic of your project.
- Email the HPPS project manager with the following
- Starting date of the project
- Group members working on the project
- The name of your supervisor
- Topic and short description of your project
- Current and potential future plans
- Start your project!
- Present your project during an Update Meeting. This can be done anytime during your project.
It is important to keep the HPPS project manager up-to date with your project, for example if group members leave or join, or when your project is heading into a different direction. You will be emailed to provide updates, but feel free to email yourself to Hppsprojects@uu.nl.